Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Horse PhotoShoot: My 1-Day Excursion To Punggol End Horse Ranch !!

Hey guys, here we meet again ! 
So I've made my first trip to a horse ranch located at Punggol End, Singapore. It is definitely the first time ever I've been this close to horses and taken pictures with them !

I have to admit I've never been a fan of any sort of animals and can never imagine myself ever owning a cat or dog as pet (because I don't like the idea of having to clean up after pets or to have ANYTHING, anything at all interrupt me when I'm practicing my guitar/dance, reading or doing my day-to-day activities).
It's quite a different experience with horses though and I would consider horse-riding as a retirement plan.

Now let's check out my first photo from my horse-photoshoot !
Hahaha how often do you see a horse's eyes/expression caught on camera like that. I find the horse's cheeky expression totally adorable, especially when he seems to be imitating our humans' way of tilting our chin/face upwards and then peering down into the camera lens - a feeling of attitude and playfulness.

Joining in the posing fun, horses have more soul and awareness than we humans believe they do !



The furnishings of the rest of the horse ranch is full of really cute cottages with ranch-designs. Some say the cottages are for tourists to stay.

I personally love this next photo pretty much, because there I am rocking my super blonde hair !! Plus the bench design is really cool, creative and totally fits the theme of the horse ranch. And I just find the blend of colors in the photo really appealing.



Alright, me ACTING real demure here:



I have to confess, yet again, that I'm not a fan of tons of greens or greenery but I have to say I love this photo (Plus green is really rarely a predominant color in all or most of my existing photos.)



Now, how does it feel having a horse breathe down your neck ? When this following shot was taken, the only thing that was going through my mind is - Well, I can't see whatever the horse is doing behind me, what I'm betting on is that the horse doesn't just open his mouth wide and start chewing on my hair (even if it tasted delicious).

Well, something else happened though: The horse just fling-ed his head and hit me on my head oh yeah ! 

He must have learnt some moves from Pokemon. In extreme cases, just imagine a horse going wild right beside you and starts swinging his head in all directions at you, hitting your skull at every possible angle hahaha !! Alright, not funny.



Now, here's how the cottages I've been talking about look like from one side. And by the way, the plants are awesome, pardon me for the fact that I am not adequately equipped with plant-knowledge and I have no idea what those green tall things on my two sides are called.



And I made a trip to the forbidden forest. This is the first time ever that a forest ever looked so enchanting to me - other times I would either be too preoccupied with the amount of insects attacking me or really felt more afraid of the forest than amazed.

Well, I ACTED innocent and vulnerable once again hahaha !!
Do I look like a 'child' lost in the woods ? Would you come save me if you saw me ?



Alright since I was at the horse ranch, I couldn't miss out on certain props or architecture right ?

The lamp post would be a pretty fun thing to dance pole dance with, swing-ed around on and posed with ! How many points would you award me for this dance-y pose ? :D :D



And... I swear I couldn't miss out on the dustbins too ! How hilarious, plus the fact that I really do adore the overall ambience of the place, trees everywhere, fairytale pathways, cute cottages - total rustic feel. And yet again I surprised myself, because I've never loved nature or felt strongly attached to nature. In fact I usually felt a need to avoid the natural environment.

(Well I do not despise nature but it's just a fact that I appreciate man-made beauty, aka modern architecture so much that I can't help but become dumbfounded and utterly impressed every time I encounter structures that are the result of top designer-brains, the most creative people in the industry coupled with the perfect appearance of cutting edge modernity, sharp detailed technicalities and more.



So I ran around the horse ranch taking pictures with almost any and every 'thing' worth taking picture with, including this supposed 'vehicle'. I initially intended to step onto the platform right above the wheels for the picture but thought better of it as the platform does not have any support at all. I wouldn't want to destroy something the first time I visited a horse ranch hahaha !



A photo of me patting the horse - and I learnt from my photographer that the "white-zone", yes, the white-zone on the horse's face is available for petting. So I ventured on to try showing some care to the horse. Not an easy feat though, because he would come near me for a brief 1 to 2 seconds and then move away again. I guess the picture below shows otherwise :P :P hahaha because photographs really freeze the moment hehe.



Okay, I am just humoring myself as I include this seemingly unrelated picture. Since the horse ranch is near to the beach as it is at the edge of Singapore, I made a little detour to the gardens. I absolutely love how my hair looks in this picture.




Not to mention I was going all crazy hopping around so my hair was bouncing joyfully ! Alright not to sound all self-possessive or whatever, I love my hair !




So Chinese New Year is just around the corner, tomorrow is new year's eve. Frankly I'm looking forward much more to the opportunity I get sitting around relatives' places reading books because how otherwise would I make myself pick up my beloved books than when I am "obligatorily" stranded at relatives' homes without my laptop haha.

Also, a little secret for you guys. I just had a little reminiscing to past Chinese New Years and I can't help it but feel a bit freaked. Why, you ask. Well somehow CNY is a season that makes any "adult" feel obliged to give "advice" to any and everyone younger than themselves and they often resort to and expect me to be a happy audience of their long-winded stories of how me (an introvert) should behave and live life like them, the extroverts.

How ironic these adults never understood the fundamental differences in personality traits and types, and therefore expect any and everyone else to be a carbon copy of themselves and exhibit behavioral traits identical as their own. Well, I hope this year I wouldn't have to be subjected to a non-stop stream of "You should's" once again, but I think it will be tough luck.

Anyways, I still wish you guys a very blessed and Happy Chinese New Year !

On a more positive note, I've just finished recording my guitar arrangement for "Mr Saxobeat" (Alexandra Stan) just 3 days ago !! Well the music video and thus audio won't be up on my Youtube channel at least anytime soon though because I would like to focus my time into preparation for my upcoming Berklee audition (which still doesn't have a tentative date yet...) I will update you guys more very soon.

Alright, catch you guys again and take care :D
Love ya, 
Sapphire Ng <3 <3 <3


No comments: